Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike Review
The Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike is a great way to share the enjoyable experience of cycling with a partner or friend. It comes fitted with a pair of soft gel seats and 2.1 inch extra wide tires which work together to ensure that you both get a smooth, comfortable ride. It also has an impressive 21 speed Shimano drive train with Shimano Revo twist/grip shifters which allows you to quickly and easily change gear as you cycle. To seal the deal, the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike comes with a lifetime fork and frame warranty, so if anything ever goes wrong with these areas of the bike, it will be taken care of at no cost to yourself.
- 21 speed Shimano drive train with Shimano Revo twist/grip shifters for quick and easy gear changes.
- 2.1 inch extra wide tires for a bump free cycle.
- 2 soft gel seats for optimum comfort.
- 2 water bottle holders for regular hydration.
- Heavy duty kickstand which allows you to easily prop the bike up when you stop for a break.
- Lightweight alloy wheels for a smoother, faster cycling experience.
- Low stand over height (29 inches at the front and 20 inches at the back) for easy access.
- Reliable alloy linear pull V brakes for effective stopping power.
1) Stylish Design:- One of the first things you’ll notice about the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike is that it looks a lot better than most tandems. The curved black and silver frame has a cool, modern feel and looks like it’s had some thought put into it. The lower frame also makes it stand out compared with other tandems and is quite a unique, eye catching design feature.
2) Smooth Riding:- Another great feature of the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike is that it will give both you and your riding partner a smooth cycling experience. The 2.1 inch extra wide tires absorb the vast majority of bumps in the road while the soft gel seats make your ride even more comfortable. The Shimano Revo twist/grip shifters are also very smooth and ensure that the chain doesn’t jump at all when you change gears.
3) Low Stand Over Height:- Unlike many tandems which have a standard, straight frame design, the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike has a lower, curved frame design. This is great for shorter people who struggle to balance on regular tandems. With a stand over height of just 29 inches at the front and an even lower stand over height of 20 inches at the back, you’ll be able to balance with ease on the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike, no matter how small your legs are.
4) Low Price:- Not only is the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike stylish, smooth and perfect for smaller people but it’s also very competitively priced. You can pick one up for less than $300 which is a lot cheaper than the vast majority of tandems on the market. If you’re operating on a strict budget, the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike strikes the perfect balance between performance and price.
1) Long:- The main problem with the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike is that it’s very long, even for a tandem. If you have limited storage space in your garage you’ll need to double check that this tandem will definitely fit and if it won’t you’ll unfortunately have to look for a more compact tandem.
Performance wise, there’s very little wrong with the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike. It’s smooth for both riders, it’s a lot easier to get your balance on (especially if you are small) and it looks good. The only issue is the length. If you don’t have enough storage space to fit this in your garage then you’ll have to give it a miss. However, if you can find the space, the Kent Dual Drive Tandem Comfort Bike a fantastic tandem for both first time tandem riders and tandem enthusiasts.