Review Archives: Folding Bikes
The Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is a compact and simple bike that’s perfect for short trips around town. The raised handlebar and seat give the bike a unique, stylish look while the rear coaster brake brings back memories of your childhood, allowing you to pedal backwards and stop the bike with a skid.
Folding and unfolding the bike is super simple and takes fewer than 10 seconds which means you can grab the bike and go at any time, even if you are in a hurry. In addition to this, Dahon’s DoubleLok and magnetic latching system ensure that the bike is held securely in place when folded which makes carrying and storing the bike very easy.
- Rear coaster brake which allow you to pedal backwards and skid stop.
- Folds completely in fewer than 10 seconds.
- BioLogic FreeDrive which encloses the chain and protects your clothes from grease and oil.
- Dahon’s DoubleLok and magnetic latch design hold all the hinges super tight while they are in a folded position and keep the bike secure when in storage.
- Single speed for easy operation.
- Supports riders as small as 4 feet, 8 inch and as tall as 6 feet, 4 inch.
1) Compact:- One of the best features of the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is that it’s very small when folded. It can easily fit into most closets and won’t clutter up your home, no matter how little space you have. You simply fold it up when you get home, put it in the closet out of the way and then forget about it until next time you go cycling.
2) Portable:- Another excellent feature of the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is its portability. With a regular, non-folding bike you have to find a place to lock it up every time you stop cycling. Using public transport with a full sized bike is also a nightmare as you have to squeeze your bulky bike amongst the crowd of commuters. However, with the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike you can simply fold it up and take it with you anytime you stop. You don’t need to worry about locking it up and you can easily carry it onto a bus or train without annoying the other commuters. It also folds fully in fewer than 10 seconds, so transitioning from cycling to carrying is almost instant.
3) Fast:- Despite being a single speed bike, the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is very fast and you can build up some serious speed on flat stretches. While it’s by no means up to the standard of bikes with multiple gears, it’s a lot quicker than many other single speed bikes on the market and a great option when you need to be somewhere fast.
4) Stylish Design:- If the way a bike looks is important to you then you’ll love the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike. Unlike most folding bikes which look antiquated and not very stylish, the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike has a sleek, modern design which resembles the look of a BMX bike. You’ll definitely look cool as you zip around and get lots of positive comments on your travels.
1) Plastic Pedals:- In most areas, the simplicity of the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is what make it so special. Unfortunately, the simple plastic pedals are one area of the bike that’s not so good. While it’s great to be able to fold the plastic pedals in and make the bike more compact, the plastic is too brittle and the pedals snap too easily. If you are planning on purchasing this bike then you will probably need to replace the weak plastic pedals with stronger metal ones. Not only does this add extra cost but it also means you can no longer fold the pedals.
The Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike is a simple but fun way to make short trips in style. It folds up very easily and very quickly which means you can store it or pick it up and carry it in virtually no time at all. It’s also surprisingly fast and stylish for a single speed, folding bike. The plastic pedals are annoying and ideally Dahon could have included metal folding pedals. However, they can be replaced and even with non-folding metal pedals, the bike is still highly portable. Ultimately, the Dahon Speed Uno Folding Bike has very few flaws and gives you everything you need from a folding bike for a very reasonable price.
The Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is an innovative alternative to traditional mountain bikes or road bikes. It’s the perfect solution if you don’t have much storage space and can be folded to less than half the size of a regular bike. It’s also very easy and fast to fold which makes putting it away and getting it out a breeze.
As well as being super simple to store, the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is also very easy to operate. It comes with a single speed which means you don’t have to worry about changing gears as you travel. It is also constructed from high quality materials which means it can stand up to the toughest roads and will last you for many years to come.
- Adjustable stem which adapts to riders as small as 5 feet and as tall as 6 feet.
- Folds in less than 15 seconds which means you can grab it and go whenever you please.
- Front and rear Promax V aluminum linear spring brakes.
- Magnetix latch system which holds the bike together securely once folded.
- Single speed for simple cycling.
1) Durable:- The Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is surprisingly strong for a folding bike. It has a solid, chromoly frame and absorbs the impact of potholes, cracks in the road and uneven surfaces very well. Even if you ride it on unforgiving terrain, this bike will stand up to the test and last you for thousands and thousands of miles.
2) Compact:- Another brilliant feature of the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is its compact nature. If you don’t have the room for a full sized bike, this is a brilliant alternative. It can be stored in the tiniest closets and spaces which allows you to enjoy all the benefits of cycling while maintaining a clutter free home.
3) Adjustable Seat Range:- A further advantage the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike has over many of its competitors is the adjustable seat height. The adjustable seat has a range of over 1 feet and is suitable for people as small as 5 feet and as tall as 6 feet. This is great if you have friends and family who want to use the bike too. All they have to do is hop on, quickly adjust the seat height to their level and then start cycling.
1) Heavy:- One of the drawbacks of the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is its weight. Although the bike is small and compact, it’s too heavy to carry around easily. You’ll have no problem storing it in small places but if you want to pick it up and carry it while you’re on the move, you’ll struggle and may want to look at lighter foldable bikes instead.
2) Slow:- Another problem with the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is that it’s not very fast. While it’s perfectly fine for cycling around and it’s faster than walking, it’s relatively slow for a bike. If you’re constantly rushing around and always need to get to places quickly, there are faster foldable bikes on the market which would be more suitable for you.
The Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike is a good solution if you want a space saving bike and have around $300 to spend. It’s extremely durable and will last you for many years, so you’ll definitely get value for your money. The adjustable seat is also a nice touch which allows family and friends to quickly and easily use the bike. Unfortunately, it’s a lot heavier and slower than more expensive models. If you’re planning to pick the bike up and carry it with you on a regular basis or use it to get to places fast, this isn’t the right foldable bike for you and you’d be better of investing in a lighter, more expensive model. However, if you just need something that’s functional and compact, the Dahon Boardwalk Folding Bike does a great job.